About the role:
Carimus is looking for an innovative and ambitious college student to join our development team for fall of 2020. We are looking for a Software Engineer Intern to work on our Application and Product teams. This is an exciting opportunity to help the team customize and extend current web and mobile applications, help build prototypes, extend or add new features into existing applications, write test cases, and help troubleshoot and fix bugs. The intern will use their programming and problem solving skills to assist in the development of applications for our diverse set of clients. The ideal intern will be excited by new technologies and is familiar with a variety of operating systems and platforms. If you are a talented engineering student looking for an opportunity to grow your coding experience this is the role for you.
We are looking for someone that has the capacity to work 20 hours per week. This is a paid internship.
- Assist in the creation of scalable software platforms and applications that are unit tested, code reviewed, and checked regularly for continuous integration
- Give and receive feedback for assigned projects
- Understand client requirements and how they translate into application features
- Define Quarterly / Monthly Objectives with Direct Manager
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology
- Interest in writing real code and seeing it in production
- Interest in learning new technologies and developing new skills
- Dedicated to customer service and making a difference for our customers
- Excellent technical and communication abilities
- Ability to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working on multiple projects concurrently
Nice to have:
- Knowledge or experience with Laravel or other similar MVC frameworks
- Knowledge or experience with Git
- Knowledge or experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL and non-relational databases
Carimus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.