The Java Developer is responsible for designing and coding functional programs in an enterprise setting. Our team is looking for a Java Developer that is familiar with Linux and Windows operation systems and platforms. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in an Agile development environment.
Our ideal candidate will have knowledge of software development processes and solid experience testing and evaluating software applications.
- Application development using Java and other technologies
- Troubleshoots, debug, and resolve production bugs
- Perform all aspects of the development lifecycle to design, code, and test software
- Develops enhances to existing software
- Participate in code reviews
- Work with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum
- Work with Jira
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology
- 1+ year experience engineering software and application platforms
- Strong Java development working on enterprise-level applications
- Experience working with Apache Tomcat running JSP
- Experience administering Redhat Enterprise Linux systems
- Experience using Docker containers and images
- Experience with Bash and Ant scripting
- Experience with Selenium testing
- Knowledge of Cloud Platforms such as AWS
- Knowledge of Oracle SQL queries and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as a demonstrated ability to work effectively on a team.
Carimus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.