Carimus is looking for an innovative, entrepreneurial Director of Business Development to lead the way in defining and implementing the strategic direction of our lines of business. Reporting to the chief executive officer, the director will own and be responsible for all aspects of the business development cycle: defining goals, identifying key markets, implementing sales strategy, pursuing, negotiating, and closing new deals. This position requires high levels of strategic thinking, creativity, and leadership skills: as you will be called upon to identify and drive our Business Development initiatives. The ideal candidate will be focused on rapid growth while remaining committed to the goal of providing exceptional service and solutions to our clients. In exchange for your valuable sales passion and experience, you will be rewarded with autonomy to run, grow, and develop your own team.
As a member of the Carimus leadership team, the Director will possess a strong passion for Carimus’s mission and revenue goals.
- Create and lead the deal process, managing each step from strategy/planning, pipeline development, prospecting, outreach, terms negotiation, contract drafting, and account management.
- Responsible for sales revenue targets, sales strategy, and planning process in order to achieve goals.
- Have experience building teams, defining and launching operational processes, and achieving revenue-based targets.
- Report on ongoing sales pipeline and progress to the executive team by developing and owning a sales funnel report with +/- 5% forecast accuracy.
- Work with the account management team to roll out new services for cross-selling to the existing client base and position new services to prospective and existing clients.
- Develop end-to-end repeatable sales playbook, from prospecting to pitch, to close and account management.
- Develop plan for management of pipeline, funnel conversions, forecast, activity metrics, and individual/team performance indicators via CRM best-practices.
- Possess a passion for the recruitment, training, and management of new hires.
- 6+ years of business development experience (inside and outside sales) in software development, technology consulting services, or product sales.
- 2+ years of sales management experience, including recruiting, training, and developing new hires.
- Demonstrated success in achieving sales targets and developing new business. Excellent working knowledge of inside and outside sales processes.
- Ability to engineer effective sales funnels.
- Proven record in selling complex solutions, expanding existing accounts, and formulating successful business development strategies.
- Strong understanding of business finance and deal economics.
- Technically savvy including experience in working with analytics, software engineering, web development, and emerging technologies.
- Leadership skills that encourage collaboration and effective working relationships with team and clients.
- Ability to identify, recruit, and train sales staff for both inside and outside sales.
- Strong negotiation and closing skills in deals involving multiple stakeholders, with the ability to close long and complex deals.
- Must be self-starter, able to work independently and in a cross-functional team, and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Experience / Skills:
- Excellent knowledge and experience in defining sales processes and sales KPIs.
- Excellent written, presentation, and oral communication skills. Must be able to prepare and deliver executive-level presentations.
- Enjoy the start-up environment and have a “Care I Must” attitude.
Carimus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.