About the role:
The Data Architect will design, build, and enhance system integration and database models and will support the business and analytical needs using Tableau and other custom BI tools. The Data Architect will work with large data sets and be responsible for data integration, data preparation, and data visualization projects. The Architect will create the technical architecture for the tools.
This role requires strong knowledge of data visualization strategies and techniques. The ideal candidate will know how to analyze system requirements and recommend migration solutions and methods for data.
- Develop and maintain databases to store and retrieve company information
- Work with project teams to drive the design and development of dashboards
- Document and design database tables that will provide the data to the dashboards
- Support ongoing projects, make changes to existing dashboards, create new dashboards that will perform optimally
- Build visualizations which will showcase customer data
- Develop a deep understanding of existing data in Tableau.
- Document and map the existing data structures
- Work with various groups to understand business needs and create a plan to deliver the data using the existing system or requesting new data be produced
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology
- 5+ years experience with Tableau products, with experience as both a developer and architect
- Experience with C# and VB.net
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience designing and developing Tableau dashboards, as well as designing data models that can support Tableau dashboards
- Strong background and experience building reports/dashboard design experience.
- Familiarity with best practices around data visualization and design.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and highly analytical
- Experience with Microsoft SQL and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SSRS (SeqExperience gathering and analyzing system and data requirements
- Strong attention to detail in making the dashboards visually appealing, consistent, and meeting defined requirements
- Experience with Power BI
Carimus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.