About the role:
The Software Engineer is responsible for designing and coding functional programs and applications for our clients. Our Engineering team is looking for an Engineer that is familiar with a variety of operating systems and platforms. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working on multiple projects concurrently. The Software Engineer will write code to produce fully functional software applications according to requirements.
Our ideal candidate will have knowledge of software development processes and solid experience testing and evaluating software applications. If building beautiful software and applications with meticulous code are among the talents you possess, this is the role for you.
- Create scalable software applications that are unit tested, code reviewed and checked regularly for continuous integration
- Understand client requirements and how they translate into application features
- Managing the software development lifecycle
- Communicating key project data to the Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology
- 2+ years experience engineering software and application platforms
- Experience with Laravel or other similar MVC frameworks
- Experience with Git
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience creating solutions to complex problems with high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to document design processes, including development, tests, analytics, and troubleshooting
- Experience with other common front-end JS libraries and frameworks (e.g. jQuery, Angular, React)
- Experience with deploying and maintaining web application on cloud infrastructure
- Experience with DevOps in web applications
- Experience with WordPress
Systems / Methodologies:
- Jira or similar project management system
- Asana or similar project management system
- Slack or similar internal communications system
- Harvest or similar time tracking system
- Google Suite (Gmail, google calendar, google drive, google sheets, and google presentations)
- Dropbox or similar document cloud system
- Agile Methodologies
- Waterfall Methodologies
- Analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail
- Energetic and motivated
- Proactive attitude
- Thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Team player
- Desire to learn and work with innovative technologies
- Creative mind
Carimus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.